Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] finding crc errors

From: Hansang Bae <hbae@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 23:53:34 -0400
On 03:55 PM 8/31/2004, Neil wrote:
>Hey guys,
>I'm looking for a way for finding crc errors in TCP header just like how it was mentioned here, http://www.networkuptime.com/tips/crc_in_tcp/index.html
>Unfortunately, it is not for Ethereal. So how do we search CRC problems in Ethereal? Can someone walk me through please?

Are you looking for Ethernet checksum information or TCP crc info?  Unless you have a) a hub based network or b) Cabletron switches, you will not be able to capture Ethernet checksum issues.  All the switches that I worked with will not pass along damaged Ethernet frames.  Cabletron was the exception.

hsb