Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Error on start of Ethereal

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 23:01:56 -0700
On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 04:51:02PM -0500, Gott, Terri wrote:
> I get the following errors when I launch Ethereal:

To make those messages go away:

    do *NOT* close the DOS window in which those errors pop up;

    make sure the "Save window size" preference is set in the "User
Interface" preferences in the "Edit -> Preferences" window;

    quit Ethereal;

    if a message shows up in the DOS window telling you to type Return
or Enter, do so.

	http://www.ethereal.com/faq.html#q5.37

> I get the error
> on startup of Ethereal whether I have my wireless adapter connected or not.

The error on startup has nothing to do with the wireless capture issues.