Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal 10.3-11 on Mac OSX 10.3.4

From: Jennifer Jensen <jennifer.jensen@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 11:09:37 -0700
Hello Ethereal Tech Gods,

I am currently taking a class in network analysis and Ethereal is the program of choice for the instructor. I'm having a bit of trouble getting it to work on my Mac. As I am a novice in Linux and working through Terminal mysteries, any help you can lend would be greatly appreciated. According to Fink/Fink Commander the program has been downloaded, compiled and is ready to be run. Through the terminal program I have been instructed to enter "run ethereal" which, in theory, should spawn the GUI for the program. I've tried various permutations of that command with no luck.

The answers may be painfully obvious to someone who knows what they are doing. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Jennifer