Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal crashes on Win XP

From: Chamara Gunaratne <pgunarat@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:43:08 -0400
Hello All,

I am having a problem running Ethereal on Windows XP and I hope somebody can point out what I am doing wrong. When capturing packets, once i press the "Stop" button, Ethereal crashes. I have tried running Ethereal 0.10.4 and 0.10.3 in combination with WinPCap 2.3 or 3.0 and always the result is the same. I can identify interfaces without any problem, and the packet capture seems to be OK, but when I stop capturing and attempt to view the trace, Ethereal crashes. I am running on Windows XP and I installed Ethereal using the binary installer. And I have had no problems when running Torino Analyzer.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing a possible solution to this problem.

Chamara Gunaratne