Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] How much is Ethereal to purchase?

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 01:21:43 -0700
On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 04:50:00PM -0700, Lynne_Nielsen@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> We are interested in purchasing the actual software and that review &
> decipher the traces after we capture them.  We understand that this
> portion of Ethereal is NOT free.

What portion are you referring to? All of Ethereal is free software
("free as in beer", i.e. it costs nothing, and "free as in speech", i.e.
you can get the source and can modify it and give the modified software
away - as long as you allow the recipient to get all the source to the
version you gave them, and don't restrict what the recipient can do with
the software, including giving away the software, including its source).

I'm not sure what you mean by "that review & decipher the traces after
we capture them"; as Ethereal is free software, there is no restriction
on your use of it to decipher traces.