Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] MMSE support in .10 release vs 0.9.16

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:40:25 -0700
On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 05:47:54PM +0200, Alessandro Cotroni wrote:
> I am using ethereal since a year. I have been succesfully using version
> 0.9.16 for a long time. Some weeks ago I tried to intall the new version
> 0.10.0. I noticed that in this version, support for MMS has been almost
> completely removed. I mean with 0.9.16 I just needed to Decode As Http
> to see in real-time every MMSE packet detail in m-send-req and
> m-retrieve-conf. Now with 0.10.0, if I Decode As Http I can only see
> notification-ind and HTTP transactions, but cannot see in real-time MMSE
> details.

You might also have to turn on the "Desegment all HTTP headers spanning
multiple TCP segments" and "Trust the "Content-length:" header and
desegment HTTP bodies spanning multiple TCP segments" options for HTTP;
select "Preferences" from the "Edit" menu, open up the "Protocols" list,
select "HTTP", turn on those options, click "Save" if you want that to
be the setting you get whenever you run Ethereal, and click "OK".