Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Re: Duplicate packets captured in local machine. (Ronnie Sa

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 23:09:56 -0700
On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 09:39:04AM -0700, Chau Dang wrote:
> I used the previous version of Ethereal 0.09.x before and it worked fine, no
> such problem.  Suddenly, last week I noticed the problem.  Then I used the
> tool Network monitor (netmon.exe) from Microsoft and it does not have that
> same problem.  So, wondering that my current Ethereal may be old, I downed
> load the new version of Ethereal (0.10.3) and it produces the same problem.
>
> >From your email, I understand that the DLL from winpcap may be at fault.

Network Monitor doesn't use WinPcap, so the problem could be (and
probably is) a WinPcap problem (although it's probably a problem with
the driver, not with the DLL).

> I will update that and try again to see if it fixes the bug.

If that *doesn't* fix the problem, try downloading WinDump:

	http://windump.polito.it/

and see if it has the same problem; if it does, it's probably a WinPcap
problem, so report it to the WinPcap developers:

	http://winpcap.polito.it/contact.htm