Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Duplicate packets captured in local machine.

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 22:42:30 -0700
On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 02:51:36PM -0700, Chau Dang wrote:
> I got a little annoying problem.  When I run Ethereal on my PC, it captures
> packets sent from the PC duplicatedly with different time stamp.  And I know
> that this is Ethereal problem because I used other packet capture utilities
> and that problem does not show up.

What other packet capture utilities did you use?

If, for example, this is Windows, and the other utilities are
non-WinPcap-based utilities, it might be a WinPcap problem - in that
case, you'd have to test with WinDump or Analyzer or Packetyzer, which
are also WinPcap-based, to see if it's a WinPcap problem or a problem
specific to Ethereal.