Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Duplicate packets captured in local machine.

From: "Ronnie Sahlberg" <ronnie_sahlberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 08:17:12 +1000
What other packet capture utilities did you test with?

Ethereal itself does not capture packets at all and does not have the
ability to capture packets.
What can capture packets (and i assume you are on a windows host since you
get this issue)
on a windows host is the WinPcap dll from :
http://winpcap.polito.it/default.htm

Please test if the same thing occurs when you capture using other tools
other than ethereal
such as    Analyzer and WinDump  also available from the pcap guys :
http://netgroup-serv.polito.it/netgroup/tools.html

I bet that you will see the same issue.

Are you using BlackIce?
If so,  BlackIce or WinPCap, or the combination of both are broken under
some circumstances and will
duplicate all incoming or outgoing packets exactly in the way you observe.

I would advice to contact the vendor of BlackIce to see if they can fix that
bug or that bad interaction their product has with WinPCap.