Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Top talkers?

From: Ian Schorr <spamcontrol2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 11:22:01 -0500
Sort of. You can generate a "Conversation List", which will let you sort by number of frames/bytes total or in a given direction.

This isn't /exactly /top talkers - it allows you to see the most active conversations, not necessarily the most active hosts. So it depends on what kind of information you're looking for, really.

Incidentally, I've hacked together a "Host List" feature that will give more of a "true" top talkers list. I just need to get around to polishing it up and submitting it for inclusion in Ethereal.

Ian

Cleve Allison wrote:

Is there a method to derive "top talkers" from a capture file that has been taken from a span port?