Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Problems with .10a

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 13:25:44 -0800

On Dec 16, 2003, at 12:48 PM, Jason Lehr wrote:

I have the following selected for Capture Options...
Capture packets in promiscuous mode
Update list of packets in real time
Automatic scrolling in live capture
Enable MAC name resolution
Enable network name resolution
Enable transport name resolution

Try turning off network name resolution and see if that makes a difference.

Also on another note...in the older version, I was able to have a file
capture and display at the same time.

What do you mean "have a file capture and display at the same time"? Do you mean "Update list of packets in real time"?