Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] INTEL PRO WIRELESS NOT CAPTURING

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 15:41:19 -0800

On Dec 12, 2003, at 1:58 PM, Simon Hildenbrand wrote:

I am trying to use Ethereal, but it is not capturing with my Intel Pro Wireless LAN 2100 Mini PCI adapter card.  If I use a hard wire connection, it will work fine.  However, it does nothing when I select my Intel wireless card.  Is there a solution or known problem for this?

Given that you didn't say what OS this was on, there might be a solution or known problem, but we don't know what it is.

If it's Windows, it's probably a problem with the driver for the LAN adapter. Try capturing with WinDump and, if you have the same problem, report it to the WinPcap developers - but there's probably not much they can do about it; applications such as Ethereal that use WinPcap to capture packets are at the mercy of WinPcap, which is, in turn, at the mercy of the network interface drivers.