Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display

From: Bobby Tehranian <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 15:13:21 -0500
Hi all,

I am trying to get ethereal work on my Mac and I keep getting the above
error.  I am running Mac OS X 10.3.1, Fink 17.1-1, GTK+, GTK data, gtk
shlilbs 1.2.10-13, ethereal 9.14-1, and also the apple provided X11
application.  I try to start ethereal out of the xterm session and that¹s
when I get this error.  I have also installed x11sdk.pkg,  develop.mpkg,
bsdsdk.pkg.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I have to do to get
ethereal and x working.

Thanks in advance.