Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] plugins problem

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:50:45 -0700

On Oct 22, 2003, at 6:02 AM, saintiss@xxxxxxx wrote:

I've just compiled ethereal 0.9.13 and 0.9.15, and while it works, it seems the plugins don't... Tools => Plugins should list all available plugins, but
the list is empty... Yet I specified --with-plugins=/usr/lib/ethereal/
plugins/0.9.15 at compile time... I've got a Linux system...

Does anyone know what could be wrong?

I've no idea - I tried it on Mac OS X with that setting for the "--with-plugins" flag, and it found the plugins after I did a "make install".

What is PLUGIN_DIR defined as in the top-level config.h file?

What version of GLib are you using?

You might have to see what gets passed to the "plugins_scan_dir()" routine in "epan/plugins.c", and whether it properly scans that directory looking for ".so" files.