Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Bug report for Ethereal 0.9.15

From: Baier Ulrich <ulrich.baier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 16:46:14 +0200
Hello everybody,

I just tested Ethereal 0.9.15 with XP and found some strange behaviour which seems to me to be bugs.
You might be interested in having them reported:

When capturing data with "Enable MAC name resolution" turned on, Ethereal hangs after stopping the capture. This can be reproduced with w2k as well. When I turn off this option, everything works fine. This worked well on the same computer with  V0.9.11

When doing a "Conversation List" from the "Statistics" menu, closing the List window sometimes causes Ethereal to terminate.

The About Window shows the following information:
Version 0.9.15
Compiled with GTK+ 1.3.0, Glib 2.2.1, libz 1.1.4 Net-SNMP 5.0.6 with ADNS

OS: WinXP ServicePack 1, build 2600

I hope, that this information might be useful to you to improve the quality of this great software.

Best regards

Ulrich Baier