Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] -title for managing multiple instances of ethereal

From: "Dolbow, Bill" <bdolbow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 12:07:55 -0400

Hey guys, We are using Ethereal on Redhat as a distributed sniffer at my
company.   We are really enjoying it, including the best feature of all
which is multiple instances of ethereal running, BUT, we would like to have
a -title type of option.  We get lost with multiple X-windows open sniffing
different segments or with different captures.

Can we get a command line option like -title on the radar screen.  It should
put the text in the title bar of both the main window and the capture window
when a capture is running.   Maybe we can shorten "The Ethereal Network
Analyzer" to just "Ethereal - (title passed via command line)".

Something like this....

 -title string
               This option specifies  the  window  title  string,
               which  may  be displayed by window managers if the
               user so chooses.

Thanks
Bill

I apologize if this is not the correct forum for this type of
question/request....