Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] I cannot compile ethereal ethereal-0.9.14 onWin32

From: "Pierre Pacchioni" <pierre.pacchioni@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 18:21:15 +0200
Yes you're right I can remove python and use sh. It works.
After that due to another error I had to switch again to Python...
But I ran again into trouble with the "pluggin" directory (gcc hard-coded).
I replace gcc by $CC but of course I got another error due to the unknown
flag -aux-info xyzzy. I just removed this target and I finally it works ...
Now I'm at the link step and I still have a ton of unresolved external
symbols ...

Linking ethereal.exe
        link @C:\DOCUME~1\pacchion\LOCALS~1\Temp\nma01456.
LINK : warning LNK4075: ignoring /EDITANDCONTINUE due to /INCREMENTAL:NO
specification
ethereal.lib(packet.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_g_hash_table_insert
ethereal.lib(conversation.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_g_hash_table_i
nsert
ethereal.lib(circuit.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_g_hash_table_insert

dfilter.lib(gencode.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_g_hash_table_insert
reassemble.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_g_hash_table_insert
libui.lib(io_stat.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_g_hash_table_insert
libui.lib(dfilter_expr_dlg.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_g_hash_table_
insert
ethereal.lib(proto.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_g_hash_table_insert
packet-smb-sidsnooping.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_g_hash_table_inser
packet-tcp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_g_hash_table_insert
conditions.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_g_hash_table_insert
packet-dcerpc-nt.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_g_hash_table_insert
packet-nlm.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_g_hash_table_insert
packet-rpc.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_g_hash_table_insert
packet-scsi.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_g_hash_table_insert
packet-smb.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_g_hash_table_insert
packet-iscsi.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_g_hash_table_insert
packet-ncp2222.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_g_hash_table_insert
packet-ndps.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_g_hash_table_insert
packet-nfs.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_g_hash_table_insert

Any hint?
I used the Win32 binary version of ethereal and it works very well but I'm a
bit surprised on how it's difficult to generate this exe.

Cheers,
Pierre