Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Outgoing packets are not shown

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:58:35 -0700

On Thursday, July 31, 2003, at 3:34 AM, Martin Heldmann wrote:

My question:
I am using Ethereal at my home PC (and in the office).
The home PC has three interfaces (dialup(PPP), USB-Wlan and PCI Ethernet card)
I want use the Wlan interface for a packet sniffing.

My problem is that only the incoming packets are shown and not the outgoing ones.

What operating system is the PC running Ethereal running?

If it's Windows, this is probably a WinPcap or driver problem, and you should contact the WinPcap developers to find out whether anything can be done. (It's probably a driver problem.)

If it's Linux or BSD, it's probably a driver problem, and you should report it as a problem in the Linux distribution or BSD version you're using.