Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Problem installing Eth 0.9.13a on windows terminalserver

From: "Martin Regner" <martin.regner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 21:02:30 +0200
Giuseppe Grasso wrote:
<I have installed winpcap_3_0 and ethereal 0.9.13a on Windows terminal server without any error message
<but when I try to start the application I always get the error
<
<
<Application exception occurred:
<        App: ethereal.exe (pid=311)
<        When: 7/15/2003 @ 14:11:9.0
<        Exception number: c0000094 (divide by zero)

I think it is a GTK+ problem. You can this crash e.g. when using "wrong" drivers for your video card.

http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-users/200105/bin00013.bin

http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-users/200207/msg00244.html

http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-users/200208/msg00008.html

One alternative could be to use Tethereal (the non-GUI version of Etheral) or Packetyzer (a native Windows-GUI, www.packetyzer.com ).