Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] How to analyze the transactions of RPC services that are lo

From: "Ronnie Sahlberg" <ronnie_sahlberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 06:39:46 +1100
If you apply the displayfilter
ip.src==ip.dst
this will filter out all packets with source and destination address being
equal.

Note that some operating systems do not allow you to capture packets from
loopback at all.
If i am not mistaken, neither Windows, nor Solaris allow you to capture
loopback packets since those operating systems lack this functionality in
the API
to the network drivers.