Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Cannot sense raw 802.11 packets

From: "Vivek Srivastava" <vivs@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 17:14:15 -0500
Hi Group,
I am sorry for not giving more details about the Linux system I am using for
the query i had in my earlier email.
I am running ethereal on Red hat Linux 7.3. I also tired to run the command
echo "Mode:rfmon" > /proc/driver/aironet/eth1/Config to enable promiscuous
mode for the wireless card (using pcmcia-cs3.2.0 drivers which gives me
airo_cs.c ver0.3). But when i checked the file Config, no changes were made
( Mode:ESS ....). Does this driver support promiscuous mode? Which version
of the driver I should use?
Thanks
Vivek.