Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Problem

From: Oleg Zolotykh <Oleg.Zolotykh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 18:02:02 -0500
Hi there:

I have encounter a problem while using Ethereal Network Analyzer. It deals
with long values of the attributes in LDAP protocol. The values which are
longer than approximately 150 characters are not displayed. I have set the
following flags to TRUE for TCP and LDAP protocols in Preferences dialog:
"Allow subdissector to desegment TCP streams", "Analyze TCP sequence
numbers", "Use relative sequence numbers" and "Desegment all LDAP messages
spanning multiple TCP segments".
I attach a trace file containg network packets of LDAP search for all
attributes of "cn=schema" entry (Novell eDirectory). So you can see this
problem.
I'd like to know if there is a way to change this limitation. It would be
nice to set a number of characters to be displayed and truncate the others
for instance.
Looks like the problem has to do with proto_tree_set_string() function in
proto.c file.
Thank you for your help!

Sincerely,
Oleg Zolotykh