Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Can plugins be used with Tethereal?

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 12:07:21 -0700
On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 11:34:38AM -0700, Jaime Fournier wrote:
> I want to convert a lot of the dissectors I have
> written to plugins, but I have not been able to find
> docs on if tethereal can read them.

Ethereal and Tethereal use the same code to find plugin dissectors, and
look in the same places for them.

Ethereal and Tethereal can and do use the exact same *binary* code for
dissectors (it is an error to write a dissector where that's not true).

So plugins are not "Ethereal" plugins, they're plugins for both Ethereal
and Tethereal.