Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] HP RPC Decodes

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 13:37:17 -0800 (PST)
>  HP is willing to work with us if we have the right person from the
> Ethereal side call their help desk.  We already have a case open.
>
> Guy,  Is that you?

As per my mail, no, it is not:

> In any case, *I'm* not going to be writing any dissectors for various
> random HP-proprietary protcols running atop either ONC RPC *or* DCE RPC,
> as I don't have the time; somebody who cares about those protocols will
> have to get specifications for them and either write the dissector
> themselves or find somebody with the time and inclination to do so.

In any case, none of us Ethereal developers, as far as I know, have any
idea what proprietary RPCs you care about, and without knowing that, we
can't tell them "we need a specification for your XXX protocol", which
is what we'd have to tell the help desk people in order for calling them
to be of any use.