Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] getting MAC addresses from ethereal

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 01:02:13 -0800
On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 10:04:36PM -0600, Toby Bearden wrote:
> I will assume that you are using the unix version.  To do this go to
> Edit  > Preference > Columns.  Select the source column and select Hw
> Src address.  Then select the destination address and hw dest address.

You do the same thing in the Windows version - although note that merely
selecting "Hardware src address" or "Hardware dst address" isn't
sufficient; you also have to click the "Change" button *and* you have to
save the preferences and re-start Ethereal, as per my mail.

>  I am not sure how or if this can be done for tethereal.

As per my earlier mail, the current version of Tethereal uses the same
column settings.  (There's no mechanism for changing them from the
command line.)