Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Timestamps from Sniffer File

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 17:28:29 -0800 (PST)
> I loaded in a capture I had taken from my sniffer, and found that the date
> and time reported by Ethereal for each packet were out by 5 hours?

What type of sniffer is that?  This could be a problem with the code to
read files from that sniffer; is it a DOS-based Network
General^H^H^H^H^H^H^HAssociates Sniffer, a Windows-based Network
Associates Sniffer, or some lower-case-'s'-and-not-trademarked sniffer
from somebody else?

What does the "Format:" line in the "File" section of the dialog box
popped up by the "Summary" item under the "Tools" menu say when you
select it when that file has been loaded in?