Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] How do I get my Private MIBs compiled so the decoder can d

From: Ron Flory <ron.flory@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 08:06:58 -0600
Michael Margozzi wrote:

> All,
>
> I have proprietary MIBs that I want to be able to have ethereal know
> about.
> Some protocol analyzers have a MIB compiler available that allows users
> to compile there own MIBs and the decoder can make use of it. Is there
> such a compiler available to Ethereal? If not, how do I get my MIB Nodes
> displayed as names rather than OIDs as dotted numbers?
>
> Mike Margozzi

>  This message has been 'sanitized'. This means that potentially dangerous
>  content has been rewritten or removed. The following log describes which
>  actions were taken.  <removed>

 what platform?

 The decode of SNMP information has nothing to do with Ethereal, it simply
uses the existing mechanisms currently installed on your machine.

 If you are first able to get the commandline SNMP tools (snmpget, snmpset,
snmpgetnext, snmpwalk, etc.) to display your private mibs, then ethereal
will be able to display them as well.

 Consult the docs (hopefully) provided with your current SNMP tools.

ron