Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Can't see outgonig packets

From: "Hermann Huebler" <hermann_huebler@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 10:00:19 +0100
I'm fairly new to ethereal and so i guess I'm doing somehting wrong.... I
have installed ethereal using ethereal-setup-0.8.20.exe on windows 2000.
When I start capturing data on my PCMCIA token ring interface I see only
inbound traffic but no outbound traffic! I.e. I'd need to trace an HTTP
request from the browser on my system to a server via a proxy. When I start
data capturing and perform the transaction in the browser I only see the
data packets sent from the proxy to my system but not the GET request sent
from my machine to the proxy. I start the data capturing with the default
values and there are no capture filters set!

I'd appreciate if anybody could tell me what I'm doing wrong .....

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind regards
                     Hermann Huebler