Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal question

From: Pedro Lucas <Pedro.Lucas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 12:06:49 +0100
Hello

I am using Ethereal with a Gigabit equipped PC, connected to an Ethernet Traffic Generator (Smartbits).

My question is: Can I set Ethereal (via any option or plugin or something else) so that besides/instead of capturing data from an ethernet card, it resends the same data back to the interface card, acting as a responder ?

I am searching for a simple Software to do this. I have found "ipresend" but it only runs in Unix and I need Windows NT.

[Also, I am aware that Ethereal is on top of Winpcap, and Winpcap has implemented a method ::PacketSendPacket() in packet.dll so I wonder if someone else did this before me ]

Thanx
Pedro Lucas