Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Question about 802.11 presentation in AnonCVS version

From: joe@xxxxxxxx (Joe Tomasone)
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 16:18:45 -0400
Ethereal seems to have changed the way it presents 802.11
traffic.  Previously, it was all presented as 802.11 protocol,
and the details of data packets were viewable only when
one selected a data packet and looked at the decode tree.

Now, as of the AnonCVS version today, it decodes the data
packets and presents them as ethernet packets right off the bat.
I.E. Instead of having a summary of an 802.11 Data packet, it
now shows as a TCP packet.  Not a bad feature, but in some of my
analysis work I like to see only MAC addresses (not the underlying
IP addresses) in the summary.  Helps me keep track of which bridge
is talking to which bridge, etc.

That being said, it's nice to see the decode at times as well....
Perhaps a toggle can be added?

	- Joe