Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Lockup problem displaying certain packets

From: joe@xxxxxxxx (Joe Tomasone)
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 12:20:14 -0400
Quite correct.  I checked the version and it was 1.24.
Is there any way that when you folks check something in
generated by a comment sent here that you can tell us
which module(s) were updated, so we can verify when they've
made it to the anon CVS?  That would be much appreciated.

Incidentally, my thanks to you all for being so receptive to
the issues I've found, the lightning-fast fixes, and your
patience with me.  :)   The fixes you folks have made
have helped me TREMENDOUSLY.

        - Joe

At 03:24 AM 6/20/2001, you wrote:
On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 03:09:40AM -0400, Joe Tomasone wrote:
> I again compiled from the CVS tree

Via anonymous CVS, presumably.

Note that the regular and the anonymous CVS trees aren't, as far as I
know, the same tree - the regular tree is copied over to the anonymous
CVS tree periodically, so there may be a delay between the time when
something's checked into the regular CVS tree and when it shows up in
the anonymous CVS tree.

If "ident packet-ieee80211.c" doesn't report

        packet-ieee80211.c:
             $Id: packet-ieee80211.c,v 1.26 2001/06/20 06:22:33 guy Exp $

(or a revision number higher than 1.26), you don't have the latest
version yet - try later.