Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Lockup problem displaying certain packets

From: joe@xxxxxxxx (Joe Tomasone)
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 03:09:40 -0400
I again compiled from the CVS tree after Guy's latest fix and tried to load
the file, same result, *slightly* different stack trace. Incidentally, this is on a RH7.1
box.  I also tried unchecking the resolution options (MAC, network, and
transport name) to see if it would help; it didn't. Other cap files that loaded fine before are now facing the same fate as well, seg faulting. A few loaded properly.

     - Joe

At 02:16 AM 6/20/2001, you wrote:
On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 01:08:27AM -0400, Joe Tomasone wrote:

> Core was generated by `ethereal'.
> #0  0x8169d50 in eth_name_lookup (addr=0x0) at resolv.c:698
> 698       hash_idx = HASH_ETH_ADDRESS(addr);
> #0  0x8169d50 in eth_name_lookup (addr=0x0) at resolv.c:698
> #1 0x8163ba6 in col_set_addr (fd=0x8331cf4, col=2, addr=0x826fca8, is_res=1)
>      at column-utils.c:338
> #2  0x81640a2 in fill_in_columns (fd=0x8331cf4) at column-utils.c:539

The code to check the addressing type of data frames (checking "to DS"
and "from DS") was severely broken; I've checked a fix into the CVS
tree.