Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Compiling/running ethereal 0.8.18 on irix

From: Knut Hellebø <Knut.Hellebo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 12:16:35 +0200
Regards,

Please respond also by e-mail as I am not a member of this list.
Problems showed up in 0.8.18 when compiling/running ethereal for irix
6.5.12:

1. ucd-snmp: When specifying the --with-ucdsnmp=/path/to/ucdsnmp to
configure, the link phase fails as the linker tries to link in
/path/to/ucdsnmp/.libs/libsnmp.so. Of course, the .libs directory in the
ucdsnmp installation is nonexistant so the linking fails. The workaround
is to place a .libs symlink in /path/to/ucdsnmp/ but I consider it a bug
anyhow. This was not present in 0.8.17.

2. Plugin problem. When starting ethereal, it bombs complaining about
the gryphon plugin. I have to include the path to libgryphon.so in
LD_LIBRARYN32_PATH to be able to run ethereal. This behaviour is also
new.

Anyone able to enlighten me here ??

      *         Knut Helleb�                     | DAMN GOOD COFFEE !! *
      * Hydro IS Partner Unix Team               | (and hot too)       *
      * Phone: +47 55 996870, Fax: +47 55 996342 |                     *
      * Cellular Phone: +47 93005151             |                     *
      * E-mail: Knut.Hellebo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx       | Dale Cooper, FBI    *