Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Searching for a string

From: "Alex Bennee" <Alex.Bennee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 08:27:09 +0100

I think this may be a bit of a sledge-hammer to crack a nut. There are tools
like ngrep which allow grep like functionality on network traffic. If your
intention is more towards security auditing (plaintext passwords etc.) then I
suggest investigating dsniff and its tools. If you want to practive a bit of
pearl though then by all means :-)

Alex.

"McNutt, Justin M." <McNuttJ@xxxxxxxxxxxx> on 14/06/2001 18:45:49