Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] VLAN tag removal.

From: "Scott A. McIntyre" <scott@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 12:18:06 +0200
Hi,

Is it possible to take a datastream, either from a ethereal capture
file, or live, and remove vlan tags so that other, less vlan friendly,
packages can perform analysis on the output?

I have a variety of tools and utilities that I use to parse tcpdump type
output for performing statistical analysis, but they're barfing on the
data captured by tcpdump 3.6.2 and tethereal 0.8.16 due to the vlan
headers.

Suggestions welcome.

Scott