Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Questions about filters etc

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 10:46:29 -0800 (PST)
> When we are trying to use ethereal with filters, all we can see is UDP
> broadcast packets how to do to see for ex. TCP or other packets?

As Gilbert noted, you're probably trying to capture traffic on a
switched network, or on a machine whose network card doesn't support
promiscuous mode or whose driver, on whatever OS you're running, doesn't
support promiscuous mode.  This means you'll only see traffic going to
and from the machine doing the capturing, and broadcast traffic.

> We can´t save the files we´ve captured on disk how to do it???

From Ethereal, you save them from the "Save As..." menu item in the
"File" menu.  From Tethereal, you use the "-w" flag.