Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal Plug-ins.

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 23:54:45 -0800
On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 01:52:20PM -0000, Armenio Pinto (EST) wrote:
>      Can anyone please tell me where can I find resources about building
> Ethereal plug-ins? I'm trying to bring LDP (Label Distribution Protocol)
> support to Ethereal. Thanks in advance.

Plugins are pretty much the same as non-plugin dissectors, as of 0.8.14;
"doc/README.developer" is currently the only developer documentation for
Ethereal, and discusses both the stuff you have to do in all dissectors,
and the stuff that's specific to dynamically-loaded plugins.

Further questions about developing dissectors for Ethereal can go to
"ethereal-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx".