Ethereal-users: Re: [ethereal-users] write to file

Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 12:29:34 -0500

Tethereal does not buffer output, it writes it immediately. What you're probably
seeing is a side-effect of buffering from the stdio routines in C library.
By default output is buffered; for example, on my Linux system, data is written
to the file every 4096 bytes. Once you stop tethereal, any remaining
data is flushed out of the buffer to the file, too.

--gilbert

Baskar Pathmanathan <bpathman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on 09/01/2000 12:11:50 PM