Ethereal-users: RE: [ethereal-users] Win98 Trouble

From: "Fulvio Risso" <risso@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 16:58:39 +0200
Hi.
Just for let you know, we're experimenting a lot of problems with the
installation process of WinPcap.
Maybe our skill in making installation files (.inf) is not too high, maybe
there is some other problems... we don't know. The fact is that once the
driver is properly installed, it works fine. The problem is getting it
installed properly...

Therefore:

- we're very happy if anyone helps us to improve our .inf files

- we're currently developing a new WinPcap that doesn't require .inf files.
The library is packaged as an autoinstallable file that will detect the OS
and it will edit the registry autonomously. We hope to be able to provide a
more reliable system.
We should release a preview of that in September; again we do not assure
that this solution will always work properly.

Does this answer properly to your question? (maybe not...)

	fulvio