Ethereal-users: Re: [ethereal-users] Build error with 0.8.11 ??

From: Barnaby DiAnni <bdianni@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 18:32:38 -0700
Hi Guy,

On 08.04 18:05, Guy Harris wrote:

> > Any ideas what has changed
>
> In "packet-snmp.c"?  The only change that involved
> "snmp_set_suffix_only" was a change to a comment fixing the comment to
> refer to it rather than to "snmp_set_full_objid".
>
> On what platform are you trying to build this?  (Red Hat 6.2?)

Mandrake 7.1 running 2.2.16 compiled from source.

> Did that platform come with UCD SNMP (either as initialy installed or
> added on as a package that came with the OS)?

[root@lt3 ~]# rpm -q ucd-snmp
ucd-snmp-4.1.1-4mdk
[root@lt3 ~]#

I also downloaded

cmu-snmp-linux-3.7

but I'm  not sure if I actually built it :(

> If so, have you installed *ANY* other versions of UCD SNMP, and did that
> version get installed *on top of* the original version, or did it get

I have only
[root@lt3 /usr/include/ucd-snmp]#

> installed elsewhere?  (For example, do you have both
> "/usr/include/ucd-snmp" and "/usr/local/include/ucd-snmp" directories,
> and UCD SNMP libraries in both "/usr/lib" and "/usr/local/lib"?)

Only /usr/lib

Thanks for the instant response, could i simply get rid of ucd-snmp to build ethereal successfully?

--

Barnaby DiAnni
408.527.9155