Ethereal-users: Re: [ethereal-users] find the Interface under win98

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 12:39:39 -0700
On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 08:49:25AM +0200, Fulvio Risso wrote:
> The problem is that we are not able to make PPP working properly. Code
> should be the same (opening an Ethernet card should be the same as opening a
> PPP interface), however it doesn't work.

Hmm.

Perhaps this is the result of the odd plumbing used on WAN links - I
think the low-level driver might talk to a PPP driver, which then talks
to NDISWAN which translates between PPP and Ethernet, which then talks
to the other protocols (IP, etc.).

Does the capture driver appear above, or below, NDISWAN in the bindings
on a system with PPP interfaces?