Ethereal-users: RE: [ethereal-users] find the Interface under win98

From: "Fulvio Risso" <risso@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 08:49:25 +0200
(sorry, I put ethereal list in cc: because I think its' quite interesting)

The problem is that we are not able to make PPP working properly. Code
should be the same (opening an Ethernet card should be the same as opening a
PPP interface), however it doesn't work.
Our problem is confirmed by several other guys on the Internet (newsgroup,
private conversation...): as far as we know nobody but Microsoft is able to
capture onto a PPP interface.

Behaviour is quite strange: for example in W2k we are able to capture all
the incoming packets... however outgoing packet are no longer able to leave
my workstation... In W98 we were able to make the PPP working by using a
modified driver (see FAQs): however we had to use "ms_netmon" as internal
name for the driver... I think this is a good indication of where the
problem is...

Cheers,

	fulvio