Ethereal-users: [ethereal-users] NT -- no adapter listed

Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 16:58:17 EDT
I just downloaded the Ethereal binary for NT (with capture) as well as the
libs and the WinPCap packet capture driver.

It seemed to install okay, and when I run ethereal.exe it brings up the
window just fine. But it doesn't seem to do anything. I click on
capture/start and it has a box to fill in an interface, but there are no
drop-down choices. I manually typed in the name of my NIC (from running
ipconfig.exe), which is "NE20001", but then I get "(error opening adapter)".

Am I doing something stupid?

MEW