Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Exporting (was RE: Access to generalized dissecting)

From: "Allan Clarke" <clarke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 08:40:19 -0600
>Message: 7
>Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:22:42 +0200 (CEST)
>From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Access to generalized dissecting
>To: Ethereal development <ethereal-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

>Man, you desperately need to look at tethereal. It's text mode
ethereal!
>BTW: Maybe you'll get more feedback in the ethereal users mailing list.
>
>Good luck,
>Jaap

I did take a closer look at the PDML options to tethereal, and this is
closer to what I need. However, the output is still 15X larger than the
binary capture file (expected, of course) and 3X larger than the plain
text export (this is the problem). I need something that's 50% (or less)
the size of the text output. The only way I can think of doing this is
to have tethereal/ethereal not emit data that I'm not interested in. I'm
still looking to see if there is a way to do this or if I need to code
something.

Many Thanks,

Allan