Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] ethereal --xxx xxx

Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 21:50:33 +0100
On 2/7/06, Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx> wrote:
> LEGO wrote:
> > I noticed the stupididity of what I wrote not much after I sent the
> > e-mail, I'll try to have more sleep.
> Yes, some sleep can solve even difficult problems, as we all know ;-)
> > I'll use another letter, -x  as
> > in eXtension, luckily that one is free (anyway we just got 4 letters
> > left (3 considering x) so either we move to a richer alphabet or the
> > --long option migh become a necessity in the future).
> >

> -x is already used in tethereal for hex output :-(

I noticed it while adding it to tethereal's optstring, I had forgot
about it, as I  used a *lot* while writing wiretap's k12 code.

 And we might want to add lua scripting for tethereal as well (probably
> not as a first step, of course).
>
> We might want to use X (for eXtension)? Other ideas are welcome...

That's exactly what I've done.

> Fortunately, we have some more letters left, as we can use upper and
> lower case letters for different options :-)

I hope ex_opt  I'm putting in place will dlay our switch to kanji at
leas for some years :)

-- Marshall McLuhan