Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] external plugin and exported symbols

From: Paolo Abeni <paolo.abeni@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 11:43:12 +0100
Guy Harris wrote:

Thomas Anders wrote:

Why not use them *only* on those systems where we don't find a proper GNU TLS or libgcrypt installed?

That was what I had in mind.

If, however, we only use a small fraction of the code in the libraries, we might want to copy the code

Well, the partion of gnutls code used is quite small, but libgcrypt is used heavily, because a lot of stream cipher potentially can be used (and moreover hash functions and pk invfrastructure is used, too). I suppose a good 80% of libgcrypt code is needed.

Best regards,

Paolo

Sponsor:
Hotel: le occasioni da tenere d'occhio!