Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] bash tool in win32 native:Draft 0.0.2 (16764) for Ethereal 0.

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 23:24:02 +0100
Nurit.Appel@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello.

According the developer's guide, we need bash tool, but there is no
description how to get it.(See 2.4.2).
pls advise.
What do you think, the sentence: "The authors don't know of any working Win32 native bash implementation." could mean?!?

You should use the cygwin one.

(as I understand, 2.20 (Win32: Verify installed tools) is relevant only for
cygwin users. am I right?)
Unless you don't know *exactly* what you are doing, you should really follow the recommendations!!!

http://www.ethereal.com/docs/edg_html_chunked/ChToolsWin32Recommended.html

Regards, ULFL