Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] CRC and WTAP_ENCAP_PRISM_HEADER

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:05:50 +0100
On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 09:47:44AM +0000, guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>  Note that the low-order bit of hdr->hdr_2_x.xxx[8] appears to be a "bad
>  FCS" bit for 802.11, just as it appears to be for Ethernet, and give
>  more details on the 4 bytes of junk at the end of the packet (i.e., that
>  we haven't yet seen an 802.11 capture where it's an FCS rather than just
>  junk).

This just reminds me of something: When looking at a pcap file with WTAP_-
ENCAP_PRISM_HEADER it looks to me that there is always a CRC at the end, but
the detection doesn't work, so I always have to manually enforce interpre-
tation of CRC. When I looked at libpcap.c, it looked to me that it should
be able to automatically do the "right thing". What am I missing here?
Has anyone different experience regarding my statement that prims captures
always have the CRC at the end?

 Ciao
      Joerg