Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] [RFC] Combined dialogs for the differentconversations types

From: "Olivier Biot" <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 11:29:40 +0200
Hi Ulf,

That's yet another invaluably great addition!

Do you think it's easy to present a framework in which it is easy to
"plug in" those statistics? That way it'd be a piece of cake to add
new statistics (currently only conversations, but maybe others will
follow soon 8^)

One question, though. In case you're working on rather large capture
files, then it'd be probably expensive to compute *all* statistics for
a given type. In this case, I'd suggest we still present the
individual statistics as they are available today, or maybe we can
defer the computation of the Ethernet statistics until the end-user
has clicked on this tab (implying that the first tab will always have
its statistics computed, unless that tab is explanatory only)? . Maybe
I am completely wrong here and the overhead is not significant; in
that case we can get rid of this remark :)

Regards,

Olivier