Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Patch to ethereal.nsi ( Windows installer )

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 07:25:08 +0100
Anders Broman wrote:

Hi,
I also use NSIS 2.0 and I have just tested it on my home PC WinXP Home
edition and I get the readme file displayed with these two lines
In the script :
!define MUI_FINISHPAGE_SHOWREADME "$INSTDIR\README.win32"
!define MUI_FINISHPAGE_SHOWREADME_NOTCHECKED

At work on Win2K professional I got an error box and then file displayed, I
thought that the problem perhaps was the path.
But it seems your comment is correct :) it does not work :( and as we
currently does not have a big need for a readme file
it's perhaps best left alone. I just thought it would have been a good place
to put information like the problem with ASN.1 and default.tt,
If I find some time, I'll send a bug report to the NSIS people about this.

and yes you are right I "forgot" "gtkrc" there.
But a delete *.* in all directories might be a good idea for such cases ?
No. It's not a good idea to delete all files, especially at the toplevel dir. There might also be some configuration files that shouldn't be deleted,
like a gtkrc file (not by accident :-) or a glocal colorfilters file.

In general, it's a "No No No" to delete files the user has created, as he/she might better know than the installer, if the files should remain or not.

Regards, ULFL